Sunday, December 3, 2006

Crock Beef Stew

No official recipe for this either.

I use a package of stewing beef. I am guessing it might be a pound and a half. I cut the pieces smaller than they come.
Peeled potatoes, carrots, celery, onion... just whatever feels right. Maybe 5 or 6 potatoes, two celery stalks, one onion, as many carrots as you like. Chop them all up and throw them in the crock with the beef.
I sometimes add some frozen peas or corn or leftover veggies that are lurking in the fridge.
Add a couple packets of beef bouillion, and just a bit of water... maybe 1/4 cup. Set on low or high until all is tender and smells so good.
Depending on the potatoes you use, you may not need to add any cornstarch to thicken the gravy. If it is not to your liking... mix maybe two heaping tablespoons of cornstarch in a little cold water and add to stew. Let simmer a little until thickened.
I serve this with bread or biscuits

No comments: